Tuesday, May 24, 2005


Ralph Says Hello Posted by Hello

Ralph Pistor is a co-owner of the Pro-Dive Mexico in Puerto Aventuras. He doesn't usually dive without a regulator, but he was very excited about his photo opportunity. The reel in his hand is attached to big, red, inflatable safety sausage which is used to signal his dive boat where to pick up the divers after a drift dive. Diving in Mexico is exhilarating in a number of ways. The drift dives are incredibly liberating and relaxing - they are just another great reason why Riviera Maya has become such a great up-and-coming resort destination.

I just booked a ticket down to do some whale shark photography - on snorkel - for mid-July. Am I ever excited. Whale sharks are the largest fish in the ocean and gentle as can be. They provide incredible photo opportunities and I cannot wait to get down there.

But of course, there is a problem. Now I have to go out and buy a wide angle lens for my Olympus 5060, which has been the best underwater camera I have owned to date. Wide angle lenses are much better for in close shots of large animals and also for water with low visibility. I put it in an Olympus Housing which is good to 130 feet sea water. That's great because that's my depth limit, too.

In August, I will be back down with Pro-Dive Mexico again, hosting their underwater photo competition. Drop me an email at mbsdiver9@yahoo.com if you'd like to get details on either of these trips. I will be teaching Mind, Body and Spirit Scuba during both trips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home