Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Super Product? Olympus PT-020 Falls Short

Maybe you do get what you pay for. I have had my PT-020 Olympus Underwater Housing for about half a year now and I've only had it on a few trips, but already the rubber stoppers has fallen off on the inside of the unit and the Lexan screws that hold the counter weight have cracked and stripped. And this was not under very heavy use.

I've sent the product (it has a 2 year warranty) to Olympus for repair. We'll see how it turns out.

I'm still pretty happy with my Olympus Camera - the CW-5060 is pretty darn good for the price, but it still has some very frustrating lag times between the time you push the shutter button and the time the photo is made, but that's another story. Let's just say I could have won a Pulitzer with the photos that got away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home