Saturday, December 24, 2005

OLYMPUS: Not Covered by Warranty!!!

Does Olympus stand by their products? It looks like not. I received back the reply from Olympus Service after they received my PT-020 Camera Housing for my camera and this was their reply, “The terms of warranty coverage does not apply to this situation. The fee to repair this product is $135.68.”

This is, of course, outrageous. The unit cost $175 to begin with. The pieces that broke were made from the lexan shell material. The screw holes stripped because the material was not strong enough. If this happened to me, I wonder how many other consumers have had the same experience. I’m completely astonished.

Worse, if a company does not support their products and honor their Warranty, how can you justify buying their products, at all? I have heard horror stories in the past of fly-by-night, small companies pulling this kind of deception and unscrupulous behavior, but I never thought that company of the size of and with the reputation of OLYMPUS would try this.

Are they in financial trouble? Can they not afford to stand by their products? I have sent a response to them urging them to reconsider via email. It’s been three days now and I have not received a reply. I’ll be sure to post their answer, what ever it might be.

Any company that does not stand by its products is not worth doing business with. Let’s see how Olympus responds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home